Friday, October 28, 2011

~Window Shopping~

One of the things I love most about Paris are the shop windows. Colorful, creative and clever~
what every shop window should be~"eye catching".

Would any of these catch your eye??

"idee cadeau"~ gift idea

Unlike the US~in Paris colored appliances are the norm.
  You can have this one for 13,850 euros ( about $18,000).

Or, if you need something a little bigger~ this one is only 16,800 euros
$23,000.


\
Eyewear!

What every school girl needs~right?


This is a lighting fixture 5500 euros~a mere $7500 but very unique don't you think?



This isn't a shop window but "eye-catching".

Now this would catch a blind man's eye!

We came upon this shop on the way home one night...old sewing machines.
We aren't certain what they were selling but it wasn't sewing machines!!
This is the side of the building...it was some sort of clothing design store.

Doesn't everyone want a RED bathtub!


We passed this window on the Rue de Rivoli almost every day...finally
one night I got an unobstructed shot (except for the glare).


Don't these just make you smile?!  Flavored water.

I love the color combination of blue and yellow.

I loved this window, so went inside to take a photo of the hanging
Eiffel Towers.  Then we noticed everything else~
Wine bottle openers.  Everything in this shop was clever, creative and fun.
(We even bought something but I can't say what here....)


This is a "large woman's" clothing shop....size 42 to 60
(that's european sizes)
When I got back to the apartment, I checked the size conversion
chart that I keep with my sizes and found that a US 12 is a 42!!


One of the many(!) hat shops....I thought of Patsy every time!

Love, love, love the colors.

I thought this a bit unusual for Paris.

If you can't find it here, you're not looking hard enough.


I want a chaise lounge~I have always wanted a chaise lounge.
This KENZO was THE one...but Woody wasn't in the buying mood.
(it's even my favorite color)

That's it, I'm going back to Paris......

I have enough shop windows for at least 3 more posts...so I think I'll save some for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment