Friday, October 1, 2010

Preface~

It will be difficult not to GUSH superlatives when describing this trip.  I will try to limit the use of words like; fantastic, wonderful, beautiful, amazing, incredible, really, marvelous, SO, etc.

Each of our 3 Paris vacations has been quite remarkable.  This last trip was special in several ways.
  • Having family there.
  • Not using the credit card even once.
  • A comfortable apartment.
  • Having a good camera.
  • I felt good.
Like each of the previous trips, my planned itinerary was a bit ambitious, even though I thought I was planning less physically challenging days of sightseeing.  Because of the necessity to "not overdo it", I really had no grand expectations.  The focus was to enjoy being there.  And that we did!

I did not take any art supplies.  Photography was my focus.  I took almost 1600 photos (1566 to be exact).  After downloading from the camera to computer, which took some time, the task of reviewing and organizing began.  A daunting endeavor ~but I figured it out, so now I can begin.

Applying the 5 Ps

When we decided to return to Paris, the fun began.  I absolutely love the planning.  To prepare, I apply the 5Ps.  I was given this piece of advice about 40 years ago on my my first trip to Colorado.  I consider this a valuable "life lesson".
Proper Planning Prevents Piss-poor Performance

Research is challenging and takes a lot of time.  I read tour guides, collect magazine articles, search the Internet; blogs are gold mines of information.
As I gather information, I organize and create my itinerary trip guide.  I use an inexpensive 4x6 photo album.  Everything appropriate to our stay is put into this little book~everything in one place.  Then in Paris, it serves as sightseeing guide.  I make notes while traveling, keep track of expenses, keep mementos; then refer to the previous trip guide when preparing for the current trip.

Now that the planning is done, we are ready to go.

Paris Encore~September 2010

1 comment:

  1. Love that if you can travel and do all of the photo downloading, I can figure out how to read your blog! Not a tech-wiz, to say the least!! Giving Peggy a huge "Assist"! Just jumped on her response and read! Nuthin' to it!! :D

    ReplyDelete