Friday, January 6, 2012

~Haute Couture on Avenue Montaigne~

Avenue Montaigne, in the 8th arr., is home to the famous haute couture designers.

The broad boulevard is lined on both sides by elegant buildings accented with classic wrought iron and sculptured entrances.
Dior

The color of the Dior "line" seems to be gray.

The beauty is in the detail.
I don't wear heels and would never, ever consider wearing 4 inch heels~but these were elegant~very tempting.


This is the entrance to Gucci.  Even the hedges are so.....GUCCI.

More shoes...very similar to the gray Diors.

 I have never heard of Loewe. (should I admit that?)

But I fell in love with the "Flamenco Sac"~the price tag said 1400 euros.

This particular handbag was touted as being made with 65 pieces.

Halfway down the avenue, the 5 star Hotel Plaza Athenee was striking with it's red awnings and flower boxes.

Woody's just looking.

More shoes....Giorgio Armani.  There was a matching handbag.

I must mention that these shops were not lacking for customers; some of whom came out with multiple bags.

My favorite designer was Chanel.  The windows were filled with the most beautiful jewelry...something I don't think of when Chanel is mentioned.

I don't think I could pull off the brooch, on leg warmers with stiletto heels.

I wanted Woody to go in and buy me these earrings. I voted this the most desirable item on Avenue Montaigne.
More elegant jewelry....

Moving down the street~Prada.  More shoes/boots.


Avenue Montaigne ends at Place d'Alma and a small park with this beautiful sculpture.




In the opposite direction it is framed by the Eiffel Tower.

The "Flame of Liberty", the counterpart to the flame of the Statue of Liberty, was placed in the Place in 1987 as a gift celebrating the centenary of the Statue.
The tunnel under Place d'Alma was the sight of the auto crash in which Princess Diana was killed.   Flowers continue to be placed near the flame in her memory.

Avenue Georges V also ends at the Place d'Alma.  We continued our walk up Georges V, seeing more designer shops, elegant cafes and the American Cathedral (the topic of a future post).

No comments:

Post a Comment