Wednesday, January 25, 2012

~From Woody's Point of View~

Woody and I are perfect travel partners, I think. He sees things in a different way than I do...even when it is the same thing.  And he always sees the thing I never would have noticed in the first place.

When we visited the French sculpture garden at the Louvre, I noticed the wonderfully detailed woman.

Woody noticed that it was created by Pigalle.  (I totally missed the signature.)



When we are walking Woody is always looking up and down.  On this day we were noticing all the intricate ironwork balconies.  He pointed out the one where the apartment dweller obviously wanted a little "privacy". (eeeew, seems so un-Parisian to me)


These "deterrents" are all over Paris.  (see Architecture post)

I saw the sign that said "Ecole Polytechnique";  Woody saw this bas relief right next to it.


One day Woody posed the question "I wonder why don't we ever see any rusty ironwork?"
Here's the answer.

This one-stop BIKE SHOP includes on one side~bicycles; on the other~motorbikes.

The day we were walking along the Promenade Plantee, which is the walking path on the old raised railway bed; I was constantly looking down towards the street level and Woody was studying the number and variety of chimney stacks.



Complaining about my aching feet, which was constantly; Woody found the 'solution'.
How I would have loved a massage des pieds!!!


I would have missed this.  
Woody said, "Look at the bats and spiders!"
"Yikes! Where??"


This next scene is a little difficult to decipher.  The yellow truck is lifting a large container of building material (concrete etc)from the Chanel renovation site, onto it's bed....it was an interesting 'balancing act'. Nothing like we have ever seen stateside.  We stood and watched this for quite awhile.  I should have taken a video.


He pointed this out...I took the photo....I don't know why.


Again, "Look at the snake!"     "Where!!"


One of my favorite photos....a little lone dandelion in a corner on the large ornate
 Pont Alexander III bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment