Sunday, July 21, 2013

~Stained Glass in Cimeterie de Passy~



We visited the Cimeterie de Passy last year. My post highlighted many of the vaults I found most beautiful.  Because the Cimeterie was in "our neighborhood", we returned for another look.  My intention was to see the cemetery in a different way.  The decorative stained glass windows caught my eye immediately.  Some were very small on the inside wall of the crypt.  Some windows were visible on the outside and some were only seen through small openings in a door or window.  I was surprised by how many different ones I found.





(The cross on the inside viewed through the cross on the door.)

















The windows in the vaults along with the decorative grave plaques attached to the graves, I found to be a beautiful, most personal way to honor a loved one's life..

No comments:

Post a Comment