Thursday, February 9, 2012

~Cars, Cats & Cable TV~

OK, I can hear you and I can see you rolling your eyes...

We have this game we play~find the smallest car or one that we can't identify.  This little white car fits in the 'smallest' category.

I was surprised to find out that this was a FORD.

I thought this was some sort of a SMART car but it is an AXIAM.

This is definitely the smallest car we've seen so far~in all of our visits.  Woody is trying to find out what it is, but it had no identification (which is often the case).

On this trip we saw a lot of cars being towed.  Again, this is something we hadn't seen on previous trips and always wondered about.  Perhaps they are cracking down on parking violators.

A classic Mustang on display on the Avenue Montaigne.


I'm a cat lover.  I look for cats.

I found these at the weekly stamp market.

This was an artisan's booth at the Richard Lenoir Art Market near the Bastille Metro stop.
I am SO sorry that I didn't buy the blue one!

This is a small pin.

Postcards..."guess who's writing to you"

Decorative boxes in the window display at Laduree.

In a souvenir shop. (I bought the green one.)

Some stenciled wall art.

A door-stop on display outside of a pottery shop.  We had to go in.

More cats at the same shop.


Cable TV ....
Our apartment had a really good cable provider..lots and lots of channels with many in English~really nice for the TV watcher in the family.  We were always able to find something interesting.

I saw this guy and had to grab the camera~does he look like an art critic?

This was the Bahrain channel.  The cartoons were so cute and colorful.

And the voices were hilarious.


This is a channel that we watched frequently LUXE TV.  Most of the programming revolved around fashion.
This segment was an interview with a Belgian hatmaker.


This is MONTAGNE (mountain) TV. It should have been titled extreme mountain TV.


Can you see the speck that is the skier? (above the '11')


This was the extent of American sports coverage. Yankees winning their division.

We saw none of the US Open Tennis matches, but we saw lots of Rugby World Cup.

There were at least 4 fashion channels~showing the runway shows in all the major cities.
So many designers and so many collections.



The French seem to be mesmerized by Texas Hold'em; there were several Poker Channels as well.


But the one that I found most outrageous was....

 'Cleveland Crush'
Womens' LINGERIE Football league.  I never heard of such of such a thing.  (I think these are the women from Roller Derby.)

I think this is a perfect place to END the TV viewing....

No comments:

Post a Comment